The Department of Chemistry is pleased to announce the availability of three Undergraduate Research Scholarships for the academic year 2009 – 2010. Each award requires a commitment to one year of research (two semesters, beginning Fall of 2009) in a research group in the Department of Chemistry. A list of research groups can be found at: http://www.ncsu.edu/ncsu/chemistry/research/areas.html
Click here for a link to a description of the scholarships and an application form. Applications are due February 9, 2009 at 5:00 P.M. Questions should be directed to Professor Reza Ghiladi (Reza_Ghiladi@ncsu.edu).
Advantages of Undergraduate Research
- Many companies consider undergraduate research "experience"
- Helps you focus on career choices
- Offers you a chance to "do" chemistry
- Provides you with a hands-on experience with instrumentation
- Allows you to earn credit toward graduation
- Allows you to compete for scholarships
- Allows you to get published!!
Listing of Opportunities
- Opportunities for Undergraduate Research
- Chemistry faculty research groups
- Faculty research groups in other departments
- RTP Co-operative
- National Science Foundation sponsored Summer Research Programs
- REU Program at NCSU for Summer 2008
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory Summer Undergraduate Research Programs
NC State University Undergraduate Research Symposium
- Held every April in the McKimmon Center
- Go on-line at: www.ncsu.edu/ugrs/
- See advertisement
What to Do if You're Interested in Undergraduate Research
- See Professor Reza Ghiladi (525A Dabney) for an information packet.