Change of Degree Application (CODA)
Welcome to NC State's centralized site for applying to add or change majors! This site contains all the information and tools you need to research majors, and to apply to change or add a new major.
If you would you like to see how your current course work translates to your desired major, you can run a "What If" scenario on your degree audit for your intended curriculum! If you aren't familiar with your degree audit, please see our degree audit tutorial.
How to CODA:
If you have decided that you would like to apply to change to/add a new major, please visit the college pages in the list below for each college's procedure.
Am I Eligible?
In order to apply to change to or add another major, a student must either:
- Have attempted fewer than twelve credit hours at NC State, and meet the admissions requirements of the new curriculm.
- Have attempted twelve or more hours at NC State, and have satisfied the transfer requirements for a specific major, as listed on the college pages below.
College/Departmental Transfer Requirements
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- College of Design
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Poole College of Management
- College of Natural Resources
- College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
- College of Textiles
- Division of Academic and Student Affairs