Breadcrumb Navigation:EMAS Home > Inspirational Teacher/Counselor Award
Inspirational Teacher/Counselor Award
North Carolina State University established the NC State Inspirational Teacher Award to recognize excellence in high school teachers in the United States. The Division of Enrollment Management and Services initiated this program as a way of showing appreciation to the high school teachers whose hard work instilled a passion for learning in our students. In 2010, the award was broadened to include High School Counselors.
These teachers and counselors have proven themselves worthy of receipt of this award by influencing and inspiring future NC State alumni. For most students, at least one person stands out their memory as someone who had a significant influence in their success. This person may be someone who touched their life, challenged them to grow, and/or encouraged them to achieve in the classroom and beyond.
The NC State Inspirational Teacher/Counselor Award seeks to recognize:
- the influence high school teachers and counselors have on their students;
- the role that high school teachers and counselors have in motivating their students to achieve;
- the role high school teachers and counselors play in guiding, mentoring, and advising students; and
- teachers and counselors that transform students' lives both inside and outside the classroom.
Inspirational Teacher Award :: Guidelines
- Nominees should still be active in student education.
- Only teachers/counselors currently practicing the United States are eligible.
- Nominations must be received by the deadline (April 13, 2012) to be considered.
Currently enrolled NC State University freshmen are the only students eligible to nominate a teacher/counselor. Freshmen are invited to honor one of their former high school teachers/counselors who influenced them to become an NC State success story.
A selection committee established by the university reviews all nominations. The selection committee's decision is final.
How to Nominate
The NC State Inspirational Teacher Award recognizes excellence in high school teachers and counselors across the United States. The Division of Enrollment Management and Services created the program to encourage our new freshmen to reflect on their pre-college education and nominate an educator who inspired, encouraged, and challenged them to achieve in the classroom and beyond.
Now that you are part of our community of scholars, tell us about that special teacher or counselor who helped you discover your passion for learning!
The deadline for nominations for 2013 will be announced shortly.