1. How do I audit a course?
In order to audit a course students complete an audit request form signed by the advisor and approved by the ES Program Administrator. The form is submitted to the Office of Registration and Records where the audit status enters the student’s record.  An audited class cannot count towards degree requirements.
2. Will I automatically get an internship from being an ES major?            
No. It is your responsibility as a student to work with a mentor and within an advising network to find internships.  The Career Center is also a good resource for you to use.
3. What are my options for my focal area? When do I have to decide?
Students have two options for your focal area, each requiring a minimum of 15 Cr contained within the 120 Cr needed to graduate. Students can choose to complete an existing minor on campus that relates to Environmental Science.  Students who choose the minor option earn a B.S degree in Environmental Sciences AND a minor within the 120 Cr needed for the degree.  Alternatively, students can propose completion of 15 Cr of courses that form a cohesive body of study in some aspect of ES.  Decisions about focal areas are typically decided by the fall semester of the Junior year.
4. Why isn’t Environmental Science in a college?
 The Environmental Sciences Academic Program emerged in 2010 as a new and revised program that engages all 10 academic colleges.  The Program is housed in the Division of Academic and Student Affairs that provides administrative support and connections to the Central Administration.  The ES Academic Program allows for flexibility to tailor the major to your career goals, and engages all academic departments and colleges in the themes of environmental science.  
5. What is DELTA?
DELTA is the Distance Education Center.  Students who are either off-campus or on-campus can take DELTA courses.  There are no additional DELTA fees for distance education courses for students who are full-time students, or living on campus.  Students register for distance education courses just like any other classes, and distance education courses typically have 601  section numbers.
6. What is Fellowship Advising?
Students considering applying for scholarships or fellowships should take advantage of fellowship advising.  To get the latest information on funding sources and application details contact the University Fellowship Advisor, Dr. Tiffany Kershner.
7. What are Advised Electives?
Students have 9 Cr of Advised Electives that can be used to further bolster a focal area, or for courses that are prerequisite for advanced courses in the focal area.  Courses taken as advised electives are decided with a mentor and advisor.  Students must take at least one advised elective course (3 Cr) at the 400 level.