E.S. King Village

King Village, Buildings N and O Shown

View from South

Scroll below for building history

Click to view ADA Map
Accessibility Map

Location: Central Campus


Current Residents:

Student Family Housing

Built 1959

Sq. Footage 211,055

To: Campus Map
To: Facilities Division
To: Floor Plans


History

King Village consists of 17 buildings with 295 apartments located on the west side of campus. The development is named for Edward S. King, general secretary of the YMCA and an advocate of housing for married students. From 1919 to 1959, King had served the YMCA, which was an important center of student life in the earlier years of the college's history.

After World War II, many students were returning to the campus under the GI Bill. Greater numbers of married students caused King to develop cultural and social service programs specifically for these student residents. King also helped to establish Westwood and West Haven trailer parks, commonly called Vetville.


Return to the Building Index or Return to the Campus Map Tunnel - not accessible (click for details) Emergency Blue Light Telephone Location Accessible Wolfline Bus Transit Stop Steep Grade - may require assistance (click for details) Nearest accessible van parking spaces - number indicates available spaces Nearest accessible car parking spaces - number indicates available spaces Passenger Elevator - requiring a key for access (click for details) Passenger elevator (click for details) Accessible Facility Entrance (click for details) Automatic Door Opener Accessible Entrance (click for details) Elevation Change (click for details) Access Route (click for details) Inaccessible Building (click for details) Partially Accessible Building (click for details) Accessible Building (click for details) South Campus North Campus Centennial Campus Central Campus Central Campus South Campus West Campus Stadium and Arena