Summary of Changes to PRRs
November 22, 2011
POL05.20.1 Appointment, Reappointment, Promotion and Permanent Tenure
- Revisions requested by UNC General Administration attorney (sections 2.1, 2.3, 3.1, 4.3.1, 7.6.1); largely explanatory additions including terms of notice (7.6.1)
- Added Qualifications for Rank (section 4); REG 05.20.18 to be repealed
- Added information on joint appointments (section 6.2 & 7.2); REG 05.20.13 to be repealed. Associate Faculty appointments moved to a Standard Operating Procedure on Provost’s website: http://www.provost.ncsu.edu/admin-resources/OrganizationItems.php
REG05.20.20 Reappointment, Promotion, and Tenure Dossier Format Requirements
- Minor revision to add clarity on submitted but not yet accepted work (requested by Department Heads)
- Revision re: requiring explanation of abstentions.
REG05.20.5 Consultation and Written Assessments, Recommendations and Responses in RPT Review
- Combines this REG with REG 05.20.11 Scholarly External Evaluations for RPT Review and REG 05.20.33 Written Assessments, Recommendations, and Responses in RPT Review
- REG 05.20.11 and REG 05.20.33 to be repealed.
REG05.20.04 Post Tenure Review of Faculty
Editorial revision (section 5.6) to clarify that Post-Tenure Review Committees must provide an overall assessment of whether the faculty member under review meets or does not meet performance standards, in addition to assessments of performance in each realm of responsibility as defined in the Statement of Mutual Expectations.