Editorial Board and Review Board nominations
Editorial Board members and Review Board members are nominated by colleagues or by self-nomination and serve by invitation. To nominate someone to serve on FFCI's Editorial Board or Review Board, please fill out the on-line nomination form. Self-nominations are welcome. The initial commitment is for three years.
The primary duties of a board member include a combination of the following.
- Peer review submitted manuscripts as requested by the editor within deadlines
- Solicit articles from experts in subject matter area
- Market FFCI at professional meetings and forward announcements of new issues to list servs, etc.
- Submit articles for publication
- Nominate new board members or reviewers, as requested
- Attend the semiannual virtual board meetings via an Internet chat room or conference call
The duties of a reviewer are to peer review submitted manuscripts within the stated deadlines as requested by the editor.
After a nomination has been received, the Executive Board will review it. After assessing the needs of the journal, the Executive Board will determine whether to issue an invitation, to decline to issue an invitation, or to hold action on the nomination pending a board vacancy.