Celebrate our new building and become a part of First Year College’s history. Just as so many before us have helped make FYC successful, you can continue to help pave the way for our continued success in the future by purchasing an engraved brick.
Consider a brick to make a footprint for yourself, or someone important to you, or to recognize a favorite team, coach, campus or civic organization, FYC Alumnus or professional organization.
Bricks are for everyone—from NC State alumni to incoming first year students.
They make great gifts! Now is the time to place your order.
Brick orders can be submitted at any time
FYC VILLAGE MISSION
The First Year College, in partnership with University Housing strives to create a seamless living and learning community that challenges and supports academic, personal, and social development of First Year College students in Tucker and Owen Residence Halls. To that end, the First Year College Village is designed to enhance the college transition and learning experiences of our residents by providing a safe and welcoming environment for residents to meet peers from diverse backgrounds and cultures, develop a sense of community, and connect to the larger University community.
A UNIQUE PARTNERSHIP
The partnership between the First Year College and University Housing has benefitted both departments, but also and most importantly it has benefited our students.
Village Accomplishments to date:
- 12 Resident Mentors working in the Village alongside the Resident Assistants and serving as Teaching Assistants in USC 101 and USC 102
- 10 Linked courses each fall in partnership with the First Year Inquiry Program
- Trips downtown each semester for students to see live theatre with FYI Faculty and FYC Advisors
- Annual Leadership Potential Retreat
- Student Experiences Survey assessment instrument
- Annual FYC Village Celebration Banquet at the McKimmon Center
This page last updated by zpcook - June 5, 2009 12:06 PM