Questions to ask at the Majors Fair
- What special opportunities does this college offer: Scholarships, internships, co-op opportunities, student associations (especially those affiliated with professional organizations), opportunities for involvement and leadership.
- What are the colleges / major depts.' advising procedures: who are the advisors (professors or professional advisors?), are students advised individually or in groups, when are students expected to meet with their advisors.
- What is expected of students entering this college (skills, time commitment, attitude)?
- What kinds of careers can you go into with a major in X? What might be some unexpected careers? How does a major in X help prepare students for the obvious careers? (e.g. ANS for veterinarian, CPE for computer engineer) and the not-so-obvious ones (e.g. Physics for lawyer, history for business manager)
- I am interested in X career—how might I prepare for this career with a major in this college?
- What minors does this college offer? What minors do students in this college typically pursue?
- I am a creative person. Is there a major in your college where I could utilize my creativity?
- Question for student representative: What are you majoring in and why?
This page last updated by mmrust- December 17, 2008 3:44 PM