The seats for this May's Dissertation Institute are full but we are accepting applications for 2 positions on the waiting list, also on a first come, first-served basis.
Does your dissertation need some inspiration? Looking for a boost to get finished? Or maybe you want to get it started off on the right foot? Try NC State's new "bootcamp for your dissertation!"
Thesis and Dissertation Support Services at NC State is offering the Dissertation Institute in May 2015. The Institute is designed to give 15 students at the writing stage of their dissertation dedicated time and space to focus on their projects. The Institute will combine highly productive writing time, scholarly writing instruction, group goal-setting, and motivational strategies to support our doctoral students. We will help you get finished!
When: May 11-15, 2015
Where: Hunt Library Creativity Studio
Who can apply: Doctoral candidates (limited to the first 15 applicants)
Applications available: March 4, 2015
Deadline for applications: April 8, 2015
Deadline for motivational deposit: April 8, 2015
We are accepting applications for the Spring 2015 Dissertation Institute!
There are three (3) requirements for your Dissertation Institute application:
- Completed application form (available here)
- An email statement of support from your dissertation chair
- A fully-refundable motivational deposit of $50 in the form of a check, made out to NC State University.
To secure your seat in the Institute, you must complete all three elements of the application package. There are only 15 seats available on a first come, first served basis. Incomplete applications will not hold you a seat. We will hold two seats on a waiting list in case of a cancellation. Please read the entire application package for full details and instructions. Once your completed application is received, you will receive an email from the Director of Thesis and Dissertation Support Services confirming your seat and providing you with more details about the week's schedule and expectations.
Should your schedule change, you may cancel your seat in the Dissertation Institute by April 20, 2015. Cancellations made prior to this date will have their motivational deposit check returned. Cancellations made after this date will result in forfeiture of the motivational deposit.
- Muntazar Monsur, Does Child Care Architecture Matter? Investigating how Indoor-Outdoor Spatial Relations Influence Child Engagement and Teacher Motivation, Design, December 2014
- Lisa Tichavsky, The Adoption of Mandatory Arrest Legislation for Domestic Assaults in the U.S., 1980 - 2000: A Test of Three Explanations, Sociology and Anthropology, October 2014
- Nadia Mills Monrose, May 2014 Dissertation Institute participant
- Tina Ndoh, May 2014 Dissertation Institute participant
- Shannon Becker, December 2014 Dissertation Institute participant
- Kunsheng Fang, December 2014 Dissertation Institute participant
- Syed Hussain, December 2014 Dissertation Institute participant