The current approved course action form on file in the Graduate School represents the official status of any course. The following actions can be accomplished by submitting the Course Action Form (CAF) cover page AND Section II (Proposed Revisions with Justification) from the required information page.
- drop course that is not a prerequisite for other courses outside of the curriculum or required in another curriculum. If it is, consultation is required.
- change in scheduling
- change in prefix/number (that results in no change in the course description, content, student learning outcomes, etc.)
- change in title (that results in no change in the course description, content, student learning outcomes, etc.)
- change in abbreviated title (that results in no change in the course description, content, student learning outcomes, etc.)
Once approved, the memo will be attached to the current course action on file and will be treated as a rider to the current course action.
All other revisions to existing courses require a full course action to be approved by the Administrative Board of the Graduate School.
Submitting an Operational Item
Operational items must be reviewed by college curriculum committees and college deans before submission to the Dean of the Graduate School. The CAF should bear the same approval signatures as on the original course action form [Instructor, Department Head(s)/Director of Graduate Program(s), Chair(s) of College Graduate Studies Committee(s), and College Dean(s)].
* Creation of common courses (including 590, 610, 685, 693, 695, 696, 699, 885, 893, 895, 896, 899) for a degree program may be requested by the program DGP or department head by a memo to the Graduate School. (March 2010)