FORD FOUNDATION POSTDOCTORAL DIVERSITY FELLOWSHIPS
SPONSORING AGENCY: Ford Foundation
PURPOSE: The Postdoctoral Diversity Fellowships Program identifies outstanding researchers and scholars who are members of minority groups whose underrepresentation in the professoriate and in formal programs of postdoctoral study and research in the United States has been longstanding and remains severe as a result of past discrimination. The program enables fellows to engage in a year of postdoctoral research and scholarship in an environment free from the interference of their normal professional duties.
- American Studies
Art and Theater History
African American Studies
Native American Studies
ELIGIBILITY: Eligibility is limited to:
- All citizens or nationals of the United States
- Individuals with evidence of superior academic achievement (such as grade point average, class rank, honors or other designations)
- Individuals committed to a career in teaching and research at the college or university level
- Individuals awarded a Ph.D. or Sc.D. degree no earlier than November 30, 2000, and no later than November 29, 2007, in an eligible research-based field from a US educational institution
- $40,000 Stipend
- Expenses to attend at least one Conference of Ford Fellows
APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 29, 2007
For additional information/application materials, please see the Ford Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship Program Page.