The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs (OPA) now offers FREE career coaching for all NC State University postdocs. Dr. Nisha Cavanaugh, the director of OPA, offers this service so that you, the postdoc, can get your career search focused in the right direction and move on to the next stage within your professional life.
What is career coaching and how can it help? Career coaching is a confidential service that offers direct feedback and encouragement as you embark upon your career path. Some examples of the type of services you will receive include, but are not limited to:
- Guidance on structuring your career search
- Insights on how to better prepare for the job interview
- Feedback on your CV, cover letter, research statement and/or teaching philosophy
- Assistance with identifying your strengths and areas for improvement so as to make you more competitive for the job search
- Support as you proceed with your job hunt
As your coach, Dr. Cavanaugh will help you articulate your goals, define your plans and challenge you to achieve the career you envision. The main goal is for you to have a successful job search, and Dr. Cavanaugh is happy to help you with realizing that success.
E-mail or call Dr. Cavanaugh at 515.0326 for more information or to set up an appointment.