Teaching through Discussion
These resources provide strategies for encouraging student involvement in your courses through using discussion in large and small classroom settings. For larger courses, we have also listed resources for strategies to make a lecture more dynamic and engaging.
- Large Classes: A Teaching Guide
- Teaching Larger Classes- This article links to a series of online workshops is available through NC State's Office of Faculty Development. You must log in using your unity ID and password.
- Preparing to Teach the Large Lecture Course
- Strategies for Teaching Large Classes
- Informal Small Group Strategies
- The Change-Up in Lectures
- How to Make Lectures More Participatory