Reasons to start a PSM program:
- Fullfill part of the mission of UNC Tomorrow
- Offer employment-relevant education for students choosing careers outside the university environment (approximately 80% of graduates)
- Gain access to employer network and resources
- Experience an “out-of-the-box” activity
- Learn about skills essential for success outside the university (also useful inside the university)
- Learn to build alliances and projects with employers
Current and prospective PSM directors are encouraged to attend training workshops for planning, launching, teaching, managing and evaluating PSM programs. These workshops are provided by NC State University.