The Department of Greek Life has a number of resources available to benefit and enhance the Greek experience for students, alumni and advisors. Below is a list of resources available through the Greek Life Department and the Internet. Other resources, such as videos and books, can be reserved through the Department of Greek Life at any time. Additionally, the university has a number of resources available that every chapter should be aware of and utilize whenever possible.
Department of Greek Life Publications and Resources
Panhellenic Recruitment Resource
- 101 Ways to make Training Active by Silberman
- Advising Student Groups and Organizations by Dunkel and Schuh
- Etsis: A history of the fraternities and sororities of Drake University
- Good Guys: The Eight Steps to Limitless Possibility for Fraternity Recruitment by Mattson and Orendi
- Team Depot: A warehouse of over 585 tools to reassess, rejuvenate, & rehabilitate your team by Glenn Parker
- The Devine Nine: The history of African American fraternities and sororities by Ross
- The Education of Character: Lessons for beginners by Keim
- The Leadership Challenge (1st and 3rd editions) by Kouzes and Posner
Fraternity and Sorority Handbooks
- Alpha Epsilon Pi: Commitment for a Lifetime
- Alpha Tau Omega: The positive experience
- Alpha Tau Omega: True Merit Character
- Hills and a Star: The Phi Sigma Kappa member manual
- The ATO Devotional Book
- The Chi Phi Fraternity: Guide to pledge education and leadership development
- The Chi Psi Story
- The College Tablet: Psi Upsilon Fraternity
- The Cornerstone of Delta Chi
- The Cornerstone: Delta Upsilon's Guide to College and Beyond
- The Norman Shield of Kappa Delta
DVD's and Videos
- Alpha Tau Omega: Media Glare
- Fish! DVD and Guide
- Frat Boys
- Fraternities and Alcohol
- Gender War-Gender Peace: The quest for love and justice between collegiate women and men
- Get Real: Thiniking about drinking
- Investigative Reports: Hazing, a Deadly Game
- NCAA Eating Disorders Parts 1, 2, & 3
- Relay for Life
- Sigma Phi Epsilon's Alcohol Education
- Sigma Phi Epsilon's Risky Business
- Taking it Personally: A seminar in personal responsibility
- NIC Videos
- Your Link to Fire Safety
- Sharing My Ritual
- Where Friends Become Family
- BYOB: Safe Responsible Fun
- BYOB 2
- Our Chapter, Our Choice: Training Video
Office of Student Conduct
Consistent with that goal, this office is engaged in the task of educating this community regarding the standards for student behavior and procedures used in the resolution of student disciplinary charges
Center for Student Leadership Ethics & Public Service (CSLEPS)
With workshops, seminars, conferences, speakers, and tons of events throughout the year, the Center for Student Leadership, Ethics & Public Service has something for everyone and offers a great alternative to that crazy academic schedule. Whether you are looking for a volunteer event, a way to enhance your leadership skills, or a chance to meet like-minded students, we have something for you. The best part about CSLEPS is that there are no obligations to participate other than what you are interested in and dedicate yourself to. Check out what’s going on weekly by registering with the office to receive our E-Newsletter or email one of the staff members with your questions. Find out what’s happening today and how you can get involved!
The Women's Center
The Women's Center strives to create a safe and celebrative space for women to explore, learn, and reach their maximum potential in a more equitable society.
Health Promotion strives to assist students in the adoption of a healthy lifestyle by providing information, education, consultation and referral on a wide variety of health-related issues..
The NCSU Counseling Center is a great resource for Chapters and individual students. The programs and resources offered through the Center’s academic and personal counseling services are excellent tools for helping you and your chapter develop effective study habits, scholarship initiatives, communication skills, and conflict resolution skills.
- Center for the Study of the College Fraternity - The Center for the Study of the College Fraternity was formed in 1979. The Center's mission is to encourage and support study and dissemination of research of high quality and educational significance on the role of the fraternity and sorority in higher education. The Center fulfills this mission in part through research grants, publication of monographs and the Update newsletter, and the indexing and collection of completed research projects. For information regarding membership or current projects and publications, contact the Center at email@example.com
- GreekMovement.com - Greek Movement is a movement of Campus Crusade for Christ. We exist to inspire and equip every fraternity and sorority member to leave a spiritual legacy in thier Greek House. We also desire to serve the Greek community by offering resources on leadership, spiritual growth, and Greek life and culture.
- Lambda 10 Project - Clearinghouse for educational resources and information pertaining to gay, lesbian, bisexual members of the college fraternity.
- Living the Ritual - National resource for Ritual education for fraternities and sororities.
- Mid-American Greek Council Association (MGCA)
- North American Interfraternity Conference
- National Pan-Hellenic Council
- National Panhellenic Conference
- Order of Omega - National Greek Honorary Fraternity.
- Risk Management
- Fraternity Information and Programming Group (FIPG) - FIPG is the nation's leading risk management association for men's and women's fraternities. Among the resources available from FIPG are the FIPG Manual, educational speakers for an entire fraternity/sorority community and the follow-up of violation reports. Do not hesitate to request a copy of the FIPG policy. It is the standard for risk management policies across the country.
- Higher Education Center for Alcohol and Other Drug Prevention - U.S. Department of Education. News, prevention, resources, publications, links...
- Stop the Hate - Campus hate crime prevention for colleges and universities.
- StopHazing.org - "Educating to Eliminate Hazing." Definition, Laws, News, Myths and Facts, Resources, Activism...
- TiPS - Training for Intervention Procedures. Research, training, resources...
- Roberts Rules of Order
- University of Montana-Missoula - Provides links to material on various topics related to Greek Life, academic success, service, and leadership.
Panhellenic Association voted to open for extension in Fall 2001 and again in the Fall of 2003, Fall of 2006, and the Fall of 2008. As a result, Delta Gamma colonized in Fall 2002, Pi Beta Phi in Fall 2004 and Delta Delta Delta in Fall 2007. Kappa Delta will be colonizing in the Fall of 2010.
After going through the full process of extension twice, the extension committee recommended all three organizations who presented in Spring 2004 be granted future colonization opportunities at NC State. The Panhellenic Association unanimously a greed. The first opportunity was granted to Pi Beta Phi.
The ramaining two opportunities were granted to Delta Delta Delta, added Fall 2007, and to Kappa Delta, to be added in Fall 2010. Those extensions were dependent upon continued success of current chapters, the success of the previous colonization, available housing, and a full vote of the Panhellenic Association to move forward. Details of extension agreements are linked below for reference.
NC State's successful extension efforts have made our campus a model for other Panhellenic Associations to follow. Requests are made regularly for information about the NC State Panhellenic Process and for copies of materials used. A presentation developed in partnership with the Chairman of NPC Extension, and sample materials are linked below.
- AFA Power Point Handout (AFA Annual Meeting 2008)
- AFA Power Point Presentation (AFA Annual Meeting 2002 and 2003)
Samples referenced in presentation
- Educational Materials, information for chapters/advisors: 2001 - 2003 - 2006
- Letter to NPC Delegates: 2001 - 2003 - 2006 - 2008
- Panhellenic Vision for Growth
- Letter of Information to NPC organizations 2001 - 2003 - 2006
- Extension Timeline
- Handout for Interested NPC organizations at AFA: 2001 - 2003
- NPC Application Packet Rankings
- Presentation Invites
- Campus Visits
- Presentation Feedback Form for Chapters
- Extension Committee Recommendations
Future Extension at NC State