Fast Facts about the NC State Fraternity and Sorority Community*
- 52 Organizations: 33 Fraternities and 19 Sororities.
- Over 2400 undergraduate students are fraternity and sorority members. That's over 10% of the undergraduate population at NC State and a 60% increase in membership since 2001!
- 55% of fraternity and sorority members have a GPA higher than the all-student GPA at NC State.
- 83% of our students are involved in other campus organizations in addition to their fraternity or sorority membership.
- Each year, our students average more than 60,000 hours of community service and over $170,000 in charitable donations. Fraternity and sorority members learn and embrace the concept of service every day.
- 25 organizations maintain a chapter house and 13 live in University-owned houses in Greek Village.
- NC State is partnering with our fraternities and sororities in a project to expand Greek Village with new housing options for the future. The first new house is set to open in 2012.
* As of June 2012