Standards Program for Fraternities and Sororities
The Standards Program for Fraternities and Sororities at NC State is a template for organizational success. Developed in 2004 by a group of fraternity and sorority leaders in collaboration with staff from the Department of Greek Life, the Standards Program establishes a set of organizational expectations in 10 specific areas which we refer to as Shared Principles. All chapters are required to participate in the Program unless they have fewer than four members or are in their first year of recognition at the University. Successful chapters use the Program to guide the development of their activities and programs thereby creating a broad, unique experience for their members. Our Department also uses the Program to recognize outstanding organizations and individuals for their accomplishments.
Implemented August 18, 2004, updated 2011
A Challenge to: Have Integrity, Be Accountable, Seek Distinction
- Standards Program Packet (pdf)
- Standards Workshop Powerpoint Slides (pdf)
- Monthly Review Checklist (doc)
- Program Evaluation Form (doc)
- Philanthopy Evaluation Form (doc)
- Campus Involvement List Template (xls)
- Service Hours Template (xls)
- Brief Summary of Standards (pdf)
- Sample Chapter Report* (pdf)
*Copies of Community End of the Year Standards Reports can be found online on our Reports page.