Honors 298 Credit for Research or Independent Study
You may earn research or independent study credit for individual or group work performed under faculty supervision. Research is defined as discovery-, inquiry- or creativity-based learning. It may be conducted in a laboratory, art studio, field site, or any setting in which scholarly pursuit of new knowledge occurs.
Study may occur at NC State or elsewhere, so long as it is supervised by
- a member of the faculty at NC State or
- a member of the faculty at another university, or
- someone in government or private industry who is approved by a member of the faculty at NC State.
You may obtain the needed forms below:
- HON 298 Research/Independent Study Guidelines
- HON 298 Research/Independent Study Contract
- HON 298 Research Equivalency Contract