How do I cancel my application/assignment?
Please note: The cancellation fees below apply to the residence halls and Wolf Village apartments. Wolf Ridge at Centennial is a 12 month facility that has a separate cancellation process and fees which are outlined in the agreement (pdf).
Students should notify the Assignments office as soon as possible if they decide not to attend NC State. There is no cancellation charge if you are not attending the University.
If you are attending NC State, but decide to live off-campus after applying for housing, there will be a termination fee:
Fall and Spring Terms
- Before June 30, the termination fee is $300.
- Between July 1- 31, the termination fee is 25% of the fall term's charges.
- Beginning August 1, the termination fee is 50% of the fall and spring term’s charges.
- If you cancel before January 7, the termination fee is $300 for new students who applied for spring housing.
- If you cancel January 8 or later, the termination fee is 50% of the spring term's charges.
Students may cancel their Housing assignment or application by clicking on the cancellation link located on the Housing Self-Service Page in the MyPack Portal.
Students who select Co-op, National Student Exchange or International Student Exchange Program as a reason for cancellation must provide appropriate documentation to the Housing Assignments office. Documentation is required within 48 hours of cancellation or appropriate termination charges will apply. After we review cancellation requests, Housing will adjust charges as appropriate.
Students who complete the cancellation online or through the Housing Assignments office after the term has begun will receive an email with check-out instructions, as well as a cancellation form to print. Read the information carefully to avoid additional costs.
For questions about the process, students should contact the Housing Assignments office by phone at (919) 515-2440 or by email.