Summer Conference Assistant
Looking for a summer job? Become a Summer Conference Assistant!
University Housing is currently accepting applications for Summer Conference Assistants (SCAs) for Summer 2013. You will spend time working with a variety of visitors and groups that host their meetings, conferences, or camps at NC State University.
Benefits include a FREE single room in an on-campus residence hall or apartment with cable and internet, $400 All-Campus bucks, $1875 stipend paid bi-weekly, PLUS excellent customer service skills, leadership experience, AND the opportunity to meet a lot of new people!
Prior to completing the application, please read the job description carefully to obtain an understanding of the responsibilities and expectations of the position.
The free Adobe Reader plug-in is required to view PDF files.
- Completed application (due by 3 p.m., Friday, February 8, 2013)
- Two recommendations (due by 3 p.m., Friday, February 8, 2013)
- Recommendations should be from a previous supervisor, professor, advisor or administrator who has at least one year knowledge of your skills.
- We will not accept recommendations from University Housing Resident Advisors (RAs).
- Minimum 2.7 cumulative GPA
- Resumes are recommended, but not required. Please email your resume to Conference Services if desired.
- 30-35 hour work week with evening and weekend work as required by the schedule of conferences
- Must attend all training sessions (May)
- May enroll in one class during each summer session with prior approval of the Asst. Director of Conference Services and Outreach
- Employment period is from May 14 - August 4, 2013
- Must reside on campus in an assigned housing location
The SCA application is now closed. Interview sessions will be held in late February for applicants who pass the initial application screening. All applicants will be notified of their status by Friday, March 1, 2013. Thank you to all those who applied.
Please email Conference Services if you have any questions.