Impact Leadership Village
We are excited that YOU are interested in the IMPACT Leadership Village! We have an active, dynamic Impact Leader Council run by our village students that gives our residents the opporutnity to serve as the voice of our PAC Leaders. Our village is located in Bowen Hall. The IMPACT Leadership Village, ILV, is an interdisciplinary, leadership-based living and learning community created for first and second year students. The IMPACT Leadership Village provides students interested in leadership with the opportunity to live in a community of emerging leaders who desire to learn about leadership models, organizational development, ethics and global leadership. In other words, this is a great place to be!
- ILV Website
- Community Leader Application
- How to apply online
- Visit the ILV YouTube Channel
- View our Facebook group!
ILV has a blog that is written by our very own residents. See what they have to say as they share their experience!
The unique quality about our Leadership Village is that it is interdisciplinary! We value and recognize the importance of having the different backgrounds, academic focuses and perspectives to help address the many issues we face today in our communities. Being a part of ILV affords you the opportunity to meet new people, develop lasting relationships, organize and participate in service opportunities, identify and develop your leadership strengths while engaging in practical application of leadership to real world issues. Our goal is to offer opportunities of participation that emphasizes structured self-growth through personal challenge and initiative.
Unique Village Features
- Priority Early Move-in
- Opportunity to live in Bowen Hall located on Central Campus – where students are CENTRAL.
- The opportunity to live with and develop a close community with other students who have a passion for leadership and service.
- Participate in the ILV Leadership Course NPS 395 (1 credit)
- Orientations, retreats and trips with leadership and service focus.
- Opportunity to develop leadership skills and discover personal strengths.
- Engage and network with community, state and national leaders.
- Uphold the Student Code of Conduct, University Housing Rules and Community Standards and remain in good academic standing by maintaining a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
For these reasons, we invite you to be a part of the ILV community! Please complete the 3 short-answer essay questions on our online ILV application for consideration. You can access the application through the MyPack Portal, University Housing, Living and Learning Villages. Roommate request may be honored; however, your roommate must apply and be accepted into ILV as well.
IMPACT Leadership Village Acceptance Highlights
- If you are interested in applying to ILV, you must first complete a current Housing Application by logging into the MyPack Portal and selecting the student tab > Campus Life > University Housing > Student Request.
- Once the Housing Application is completed and submitted, students may return to the Housing Self Service Page, select the Living and Learning Village link, and complete the Impact Leadership Village application. The completed ILV applications will have a status of "Pending". Upon review and acceptance of the application, the status will change to "Approved" and you will be notified by the Village.
- Application review will begin in February. Participants will be accepted to ILV on a rolling basis. Applications received prior to May 15th will receive priority.
- Once accepted into the Impact Leadership Village, ILV participants who are returning NCSU students will be able to choose spaces in the village through the Housing Selection process. Incoming NCSU students will be placed in available spaces on ILV floors in Bowen Hall. If you requested a roommate and they have also submitted an application for ILV and been accepted, you will be paired together.
Assistant Director, University Housing
Phone: (919) 515-6887
Resident Director, Bowen Hall
Phone: (919) 515-7882