NC State’s Living and Learning Villages are interested-based living communities that engage students both inside and outside the classroom. Villages provide an unparalleled living experience where you’ll make life-long friends and immerse yourself in the NC State community.
Why live in a Village?
- 30 percent of students live in a Village. Be part of the “in” crowd. Meet new people and form lasting friendships.
- Students living in Villages have 5-10 percent higher GPAs than those who don’t live in a Village. Academic success starts here!
- 68 percent of Village residents are freshmen. Involvement in NC State begins here!
- Four-year graduation rates of Village students are 4 percent higher than the university average. Get on the fast track to success.
- 13 Village options provide a variety of choices to fit your interests.
What’s in it for you?
Get acclimated. You’ll be surrounded by students with common interests, so you’re sure to find your niche.
Get guidance. Villages offer upper-class student mentors and Resident Advisors to guide you throughout the year. Learn the ropes from successful students.
Get ahead. Village students have access to a variety of resources. From tutoring to faculty events and seminars to study sessions, your success starts here!
Gain access. Workshops, speakers, industry tours and cultural trips are all part of the Village experience. Villages = VIP access to opportunities!
Get social. Each Village offers a multitude of social activities promoting community. Your social calendar will never be lacking.
Give back. Villages offer volunteer opportunities. You’ll give back to NC State, local and national communities! Pay it forward.
Get involved. Villages are a great way to get involved at NC State. They are pathways to resources, groups, organizations and offices on campus to help you succeed.
Villages in Action