Breadcrumb Navigation:

Home > Registration Info > Inter-Institutional Registration > CRC Registration

CRC Registration


Students attending one of the five Cooperating Raleigh Colleges institutions may take a course not offered on their own campus at one of the other institutions. The appropriate official (example: advisor, school dean) must consider the course as educationally desirable for the student concerned. Certain special fees may be required to be paid to the institution to be visited for special courses.

NC State Students

Undergraduate degree-seeking students who wish to participate in the CRC program must be enrolled for at least 12 credit hours and must obtain permission from their academic advisor and the dean of their college. The course taken at the visited school must be a course that is not offered through NC State and must be approved by the advisor and dean of the college. Students who qualify may take one course at the visited institution per semester (Fall/Spring). Graduate students must be registered at NC State and must obtain the signature of their graduate advisor. Men may not register for courses at Peace College.

Home campus students have first priority in class assignment. Courses taken at other institutions may be used as free electives and as alternatives to restricted electives if so approved by the department and college. Credits earned in this manner may apply toward fulfilling graduation requirements, but grades are not used in computing a student's grade point average.


  1. You must obtain a CRC form from your home school's registrar's office.
  2. Complete the form and obtain the required signatures. Be sure to include the course abbreviation, number, section number, title, and number of credit hours (check the schedule of courses at the school you wish to visit for this information).
  3. Return the completed, signed form to your home school's registrar's office prior to the add deadline.
  4. You will be notified via e-mail when you are successfully enrolled. If the visited school cannot register you for any reason, you will be notified and given specific instructions.

CRC Class Schedule

Your schedule will show a "placeholder" course that will name the visited institution and show the number of credit hours for which you are registered at that school.

Schedule Revision

Anytime you need to make changes to your CRC registration, you must notify your home school's registrar's office. If you need to add a course, you must complete a new form and obtain the necessary signatures.

Summer CRC Registration Policy

There is no CRC registration during summer sessions. Students who wish to take a summer course must register directly with the institution offering the course.

Important Notes

Non-immigrant visa holders from a Cooperating Raleigh Colleges institution will not be permitted to take courses taught by NCSU's College of Engineering unless they have applied for admission and have been accepted into a degree program in the College of Engineering.

Lifelong Education students may not register for courses through the Inter-Institutional or Cooperating Raleigh Colleges Programs.

Distance Education courses are not eligible under the Inter-Institutional Registration program. These courses are offered through Distance Education & Learning Technology Applications (DELTA) and are identified with a section number of 601 or higher.