- To report an emergency at NC State University always dial 911.
- Emergency Status Information: 919-513-8888
- Campus Police (Non-Emergency): 919-515-3000
- Monthly WolfAlert tests scheduled for 12:15 p.m. on the first Monday of every month.
Methods of Emergency Notification and Communication
Here’s a glossary of NC State campus alert tools. These tools are not intended for use in all instances, but are reserved for emergencies that present a broad, immediate and ongoing threat to campus:
Alertus Desktop Notification
The University has the ability to post emergency alerts to individual computers via Alertus software. Downloads are available for University owned and privately owned computers. More information can be found at http://www.ncsu.edu/emergency-information/alertus/
Active students, faculty and staff are eligible to receive WolfAlert text messages. These messages allow for direct notifications to campus though there may be delays before they are received by individual devices. Confirm your emergency contact information to receive these messages.
Home page message:
The university uses two spaces on the home page for alerts. In a “major” emergency, the page would contain only emergency communications. In a minor emergency, the block near the center-right of the page would be utilized.
Broadcast emails are delivered to all official University email accounts containing yourUnityID@ncsu.edu. If a different email address is listed as your preferred address, follow the forwarding instructions provided by OIT to ensure all emails are delivered to the intended address.
University Audible Warning System
An emergency warranting use of the audible alert system will be initiated by a pulsed tone lasting for 30 seconds followed by a short message, with this sequence repeated three times. When the audible alert tone sounds, NC State personnel are being advised to do the following:
- Seek shelter immediately
- Obtain information from the University home page on any additional action to be taken
- Stay tuned for further information until an “all clear” signal is obtained from campus officials. Any campus emergency initiated by the alert system will be closed with an “all clear” signal from the system. This signal will be a “Westminster Chimes” tone followed by a short “all clear” message, with this sequence repeated three times.
Adverse Conditions Hotline:
The University uses 513-8888 for a wide range of announcements, including adverse weather and emergency situations.
Messages can be delivered to electronic billboards located in common areas across campus. There are 345 billboards on campus.
Follow Wolf Alert
- “Like” the NC State Wolf Alert page to receive Facebook alerts.
- Follow Wolf Alert (@wolfalert) on Twitter to stay up to date.