Watch –indicates a particular weather hazard is possible – remain alert for approaching storms
Warning –indicates a particular weather hazard is imminent or has been reported
- Monitor weather status
- Avoid being outdoors, especially near trees and water, during a lightning storm.
- Seek shelter indoors, under shelter or in a hard-topped vehicle until the storm passes.
- Monitor weather status.
- If you are notified a tornado is approaching:
- Move immediately to a pre-determined shelter location
- Shelter information for University Housing residents
- Have a battery powered AM/FM radio or NOAA weather radio readily available
- Remain there until the “all clear” has been officially given by WolfAlert, Police, or local media
- If you are outside, seek shelter in a nearby building or find a ditch or depression in which you can protect yourself from debris
- After a tornado, beware of broken glass, unstable structures and debris
- Report damages to Campus Police
- campus phone 911
- call 919-515-3000 from a non-University phone or cell phone
- North Carolina State University Adverse Weather Policy