The 3+X Accelerated Masters Program is a cooperative program between Zhejiang University (ZJU), Donghua University (DHU), National Chiao Tung University (NCTU), Jiangnan University (JNU), and Zhejiang Sci-Tech University (ZSTU) with NC State University. Select students from these universities enroll in graduate-level NC State courses during the fall semester which also count towards the completion of their undergraduate degree.
- Apply online at go.ncsu.edu/gti_apply at least at least 90 days before the start of the fall semester. Select the "GTE" option.
- Submit all supporting documents at least 60 days before the start of the semester.
- Pay the $100 application fee.
- Processing does not begin until all supporting documents are received and the application fee is paid.
- Processing time is typically 5-10 business days after all steps are completed by the applicant.
- February 1: Deadline to submit complete online Graduate School application and pay necessary fees (http://www.ncsu.edu/grad/applygrad.htm) with an intended term of entry for the spring semester of next year.
A complete graduate school application will include:
- A personal statement
- 3 academic recommendations (online is preferable)
- Academic transcript(s)
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (if already taken)
- GRE scores (if already taken and required by program)
- The Graduate School application fee (payment by credit card is preferable).
- February 28: Deadline to submit complete GTI application (go.ncsu.edu/gti_apply), email all supporting documents to the firstname.lastname@example.org, and pay the GTI application fee and other necessary fees.
- March-April: Preliminary admissions decisions are due from graduate programs.
- Late April: I-20s are issued to students.
- July 1: Deadline to take the TOEFL or IELTS exam; if not already taken at the time of application, with an acceptable score. Students should also take the GRE (if required by the department).
- Students receive a visa certificate (I-20) and instructions for applying for an F-1 visa once their applications have been accepted. Visit the Office of International Services' website for more details.
- Read through our pre-arrival checklist.
- Arrive at NC State for orientation, typically a week before classes start.
(Download PDF) of key dates, deadlines, and contact information.
Semester at NC State
Students arrive in mid-August to attend orientation, which usually takes place the week before classes start. English language requirements will be provided to those students with scores that are below the graduate school requirement on the TOEFL or IELTS exam. The academic department advises students on which courses to take and students enroll through MyPack Portal. All 3+X students take the GTI 401 course, which provides critical training in academic preparedness and cultural adaptation.
|October||Begin preparing financial documents to submit to OIS for I-20 extension from GTI to the Master's program for the Spring semester. These financial documents must be submitted no later than December 1.|
|September 1||Deadline to submit final transcripts with the official confirmation of bachelor's degree, if you are graduating in December. If you do not plan to graduate until May, you should still submit your degree confirmation at this time or no later than February 1 of next year.|
|November 15||Deadline to submit new TOEFL/IELTS and/or GRE exam scores AND official/original transcripts, if you uploaded your transcript(s) at the time of application.|
|December 1||Deadline to submit new financial documents for I-20 extension to the Master's program.|
|December 10||Deadline to receive confirmation from your home University that you have met the requirements to complete and receive your bachelor's degree.|
U.S. Culture and Education Colloquium
Students are enrolled in the GTI 401 course, which will provide the knowledge and skills needed to adjust to a different culture and success at an American university. The course will enhance your cross-cultural communication and English language ability and include trips to cultural sites and activities.